Namastè

I honor the place in you
in which the entire universe dwells.
I honor the place in you
which is of love, of truth, of light, and of peace.
I honor the place in you where,
if you are in that place in you,
and I am in that place in me,
there is only one of us.

Namastè

Friday, April 15, 2011

Creation Stories: Design Project


After


Before

This piece represents how emerging civilizations created rituals and creation stories in order to justify the paying of taxes to the tribal governments and civilizations which controlled the food supply.  It also serves as a reminder of how these stories have been distorted over time as they are passed along through oral traditions.  I hand carved balsa foam with the small stick used in the piece and painted with gesso and acrylic.  The headress was added with hot glue.  

No comments: