Namastè

I honor the place in you
in which the entire universe dwells.
I honor the place in you
which is of love, of truth, of light, and of peace.
I honor the place in you where,
if you are in that place in you,
and I am in that place in me,
there is only one of us.

Namastè

Saturday, April 2, 2011

So, You do the Math...

“A quality education has the power to transform societies in a single generation, provide children with the protection they need from the hazards of poverty, labor exploitation and disease, and given them the knowledge, skills, and confidence to reach their full potential.” ~ Audrey Hepburn










So take from this information what you will.  One thing that I noticed right off the bat was that when I went to Google Images for the search term quality education, there weren't any US colleges branded in the top hits.  Also under the web section for this term, the first sites to come up were for home schooling and for educational programs abroad... which I believe speaks volumes about the American education system and where it's priorities lie.  It also speaks volumes about our distorted view of economics....



No comments: