Namastè

I honor the place in you
in which the entire universe dwells.
I honor the place in you
which is of love, of truth, of light, and of peace.
I honor the place in you where,
if you are in that place in you,
and I am in that place in me,
there is only one of us.

Namastè

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Finding Beauty in an Unexpected place...

This was definitely on my bucket list. I'm glad to see that it doesn't make me as weird as I thought...

Photo Essay: Exploring Sewers, Utility Tunnels, and Catacombs Around the World (Part 2)

Source: The Matador Network



11. Paris Catacombs
A self-portrait while exploring the ossuaries of the Paris Catacomb


12. Knickerbocker Sewer, NYC
One of the largest sewers in the world when it was built in the 1880s, this one runs underneath Williamsburg, Brooklyn.



13. Salle Egyptienne, Paris Catacombs
Perhaps the most beautiful of all the cataphile-decorated spaces in the underground complex.




14. Old Croton Aqueduct, NYC
New York’s first water supply tunnel, now unused except by the roots of many trees.


15. Tyburn River sewer, London
The Tyburn River was an important waterway from the beginning of London’s history, originally flowing into the Thames by Westminster Chapel.



16. Utility tunnels, St. Paul, MN An incredible labyrinth of tunnels extends underneath St. Paul.



17. Park River, Hartford, CT
The Park River is the largest urban underground river I’ve been in, and the only one I’ve been able to canoe through.



18. Roosevelt Island smallpox hospital, NYC
The view from the abandoned smallpox hospital on Roosevelt Island in New York.



19. Sewer, Rome
Rome’s sewer system still includes sections of the old Cloaca Maxima from the days of ancient Rome, a sewer now more than 2,000 years old.



20. Tibbetts Brook, Bronx, NYC
The old Tibbetts Brook, now running underground in the Bronx.


Click here to see the top 10






No comments: